There is always something special about a cinnamon roll. From the first bite, its sweetness sends my taste buds into a frenzy. Most of the time, I cook and bake more than what I can eat for the day, so I often end up with leftovers. Good thing, they are easy to reheat, but such a task can be quite tricky if you have no idea how to do it right.
If you want to know how to reheat cinnamon rolls in the oven, read on. I will not only share how to do it right, but I will also give you a quick look at some of the other methods worth trying. As a bonus, I will also share some tips on how you can make cinnamon rolls like a pro!
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Reheat Cinnamon Rolls in Oven
The good news is that it takes only a few steps and anyone can do it while being assured of the best outcomes. Below are the things that you must do.
1. Preheat Your Oven
Start by preheating the oven. This is important so that the temperature is hot enough when you get the cinnamon rolls in. If you put the cinnamon rolls before the oven heats up, it will end up soggy. Ideally, the oven must be preheated at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Add a Sprinkle of Water
As the oven gets ready, prepare the cinnamon rolls. Take them out of the fridge or wherever it has been. One secret is to add a sprinkle or a tablespoon of water on the top of the cinnamon roll. This will allow the roll to rehydrate as it reheats. Otherwise, it will be too dry, which will result in a bad texture.
3. Brush Butter on the Top
If you are reheating cinnamon rolls without frosting, another trick that can help is to brush butter. This will not only infuse an additional flavor, but this can also make the rolls gooey and soft. Not to mention, it will add a golden-brown finish that makes the cinnamon rolls more presentable.
4. Arrange the Cinnamon Rolls in a Baking Tray
Put the cinnamon rolls in a baking tray, making sure that there is enough space between each of them. Crowding the rolls is a big no as it will not heat evenly. After arranging on a tray, it is also important that you cover them with aluminum foil.
5. Warm the Cinnamon Rolls
With the cinnamon rolls ready and the oven hot, it is time to put the tray in. The exact time will depend on the size and number of the cinnamon rolls that you are reheating. In most instances, 10 to 15 minutes will be enough. If you have frozen cinnamon rolls, however, reheating them can take as long as 25 minutes.
6. Remove from the Oven and Enjoy
Once the time of reheating has lapsed, check the cinnamon rolls. If they are hot enough, then you can take them out of the oven. Let it sit for a while and enjoy while it is warm. We recommend eating everything that you have already reheated instead of putting them back on the fridge if you do not finish all of them.
Air Fryer Cinnamon Rolls Ninja Foodi XL PRO Air Fry Oven | Air Baked Cinnabon Rolls Toaster Oven
Other Ways to Reheat Cinnamon Rolls
Aside from reheating in an oven, this section will also give you the quick steps on how you can reheat the cinnamon roll using other methods.
Reheating in a Microwave
A microwave is one of the staple kitchen appliances in many homes. If you do not have the luxury of time and the effort to spare, reheating the cinnamon rolls in a microwave is your best bet.
- Put the cinnamon rolls in a microwave-safe container. If they are from the freezer, no need to wait to thaw.
- If your cinnamon rolls have no frosting, brush them with butter on the top to make them softer.
- Put a glass of water inside the microwave. This will prevent the cinnamon rolls from being dry after reheating.
- Turn the microwave on. It will take approximately 30 seconds to one minute.
- Take the cinnamon rolls out of the microwave and enjoy after a few minutes.
Reheating in a Pan
For those who do not have an oven or a microwave, a pan will be your savior. It has a uniform temperature, making it a great choice for reheating cinnamon rolls.
- Put the pan on the top of a stove and turn the heat on. Medium-low heat will be enough.
- Wait for the pan to warm. Do not touch the surface to know if it is hot enough. Instead, look for smoke.
- Once it is hot enough, arrange the cinnamon rolls on the top. Cover the cinnamon rolls with a lid that is big enough to not crush them.
- Wait for five to ten minutes, check the cinnamon rolls occasionally to see if they are hot enough.
- Turn off the heat, let the cinnamon rolls sit for a while, and enjoy.
The Secrets to Making the Perfect Cinnamon Roll
Planning to make cinnamon rolls yourself? Before ending this guide, allow us to leave some tips you will find helpful.
- When making the dough, make sure that the milk is warm but not hot. This will let the yeast bloom properly.
- For the filling, very softened butter is a must-have. It is best to leave the butter at room temperature for an hour before filling.
- Chill the dough before shaping it into your cinnamon rolls. This will make it easier to roll the dough while also creating cleaner and tighter rolls.
- Use dental floss instead of a knife when cutting the dough. This will let you cut from the bottom instead of the top, resulting in a better spiral.